Monday, June 23, 2014

Greek Yogurt Key Lime Pie

I have a new excuse for the last post this week.  I wrote a recipe out for the UWC after I brought in the pie.  That says something about the popularity of this one, I think.  Mainly, the fact that this is easy (super easy; exceptionally easy) and that it is about 200 calories per slice makes it almost impossible to resist. 

When I first started trying to lose weight, I found this "cheesecake" recipe online.  All it called for was a container of plain or vanilla greek yogurt and some Jello sugar free cheesecake pudding mix.  I made this all the time for dessert. 

Since then, I have made many variations of this.  However, I hadn't made a pie until last week. 

Greek Yogurt Key Lime Pie
4-5.3 oz containers of light greek key lime yogurt (Yoplait or Dannon are good)
1-1 oz box of Jello sugar free, fat free cheesecake mix (not prepared)
1  premade reduced fat graham cracker crust
1/2 container light Cool Whip

1.)  Empty the greek yogurt into a bowl.
2.) Mix the cheesecake mix in.

3.) Scoop into the premade graham cracker crust.
4.) Smooth the filling out.

5.) Cover with the Cool Whip.
6.)  Chill for at least an hour and serve.






Unofficial #7--stand back.  This pie goes fast.
 

The other great thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile.    Change the flavor of the yogurt and you get a new pie.  You can also drizzle chocolate sauce on top (which would be great for coconut or banana or raspberry pie).

No comments:

Post a Comment