Saturday, June 27, 2015

Enchilada Lasagna

Oops.  I have had a bit of a crazy month.  I had a deadline June 1, then I went to Canada for work.  I am back, but I have had trouble recovering;  I am super tired.

I missed some posts, but I do have recipes to share.  This first one I made for a pot luck at work.  It is meatless, too.  I got the idea from a frozen meal I has that made all my coworkers jealous (Chili's Black Bean Lasagna).

Enchilada Lasagna

6 lasagna noodles (no boil)
1 can refried beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 cup Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup frozen fire roasted corn blend
1 can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons salsa
chopped green onions
chopped olives
Seasoning to taste

1.)  Soak lasagna noodles in warm water.
2.) Spray square baking dish and preheat oven to 425 degrees
3.) Saute onions

4.)  Add zucchini  and saute

5.)  Add frozen corn blend and cook until warm

6.) Season to taste.  You can use reduced sodium taco seasoning, but I used chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle powder, and a red and black pepper blend (hot shot).  I wanted to control the sodium with all the canned products.

7.)  Add drained tomatoes.  Turn to low and let simmer.

8.) While the vegetables simmer, add salsa and cheese to the refried beans and warm in the microwave.  You can add some sour cream here too.

9.)  Remove the lasagna noodles from the water and layer them between paper towels to dry.
10.) It is finally time to assemble.  You will start with enchilada sauce (just enough to keep the noodles frim sticking to the bottom).  Top with two noodles.  Add refried beans and part of the vegetable mixture then drizzle with enchilada sauce.  Put another layer of noodles.  Then, add refried beans, vegetables, and enchilada sauce.  Add the final layer of noodles, pour the last of the enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese on top.




11.)  Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
12.)  Remove foil, top with green onions and olives.


13.)  Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown around the edges.


Serve with jalapeno slices, tortilla chips, and sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment