Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Apricot Bran Muffins

Oops.  I skipped a week. In my defense, last week was exceptionally crazy.  I had a deadline June 1, so I pretty much spent the last week working on that.  I was frantic.  However, it is finished (until they give me revisions, which they almost certainly will).  My point is:  I apologize.  I didn't even think about my blog.

However, I do have a lovely, easy recipe for Apricot Bran Muffins that came up because I bought a bag of fresh apricots on sale and they were not very flavorful.  I ate three or four of them and then left them sitting on my counter.

Apricot Bran Muffins

1 package Martha White Honey Bran muffin mix
4 ripe apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
~2/3 cup almond milk

Crisp Topping

1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons oatmeal
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon

This is really an easy recipe.  I mixed the cinnamon and muffin mix together, then added the chopped apricots and the wet ingredients on top of that.  I mixed it lightly (overmixing makes for tough muffins).









Next, mix the crisp ingredients together.  Divide it evenly among the six (or seven) muffins.









Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin is clean.

I ate these all myself.  I won't even pretend.  They were breakfast and a snack for several days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment