Monday, April 13, 2015

Blueberry Coffeecake

I have dinner with friends about every two weeks.  I wanted to bring something this time, but I was not the assigned cook.  My plan was blueberry biscuits, similar to my strawberry biscuits.  However, it turned into coffeecake in my travels :-)

Blueberry Coffeecake/Biscuits (if you don't put them too close together)

2 tablespoons light sour cream (or greek yogurt)
1/4 cup milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 cup Bisquick (I used heart healthy)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or some more, depending on how blueberry-y you want it)

melted butter for brushing the top of the biscuit
1 tablespoon sugar for top

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (unless you are travelling with them like me) and spray a pan.  I used a little casserole dish (hence the coffeecake), but I usually use a sheet pan to facilitate biscuits better.

Mix the light sour cream, milk, and orange extract together.  I used a little less milk to begin with (about half, because I added the sour cream), but that was too dry.  I estimated the rest.



Add the dry ingredients.  Don't overmix.



Fold in the blueberries.



Drop on your prepared pan. If I successfully make biscuits and not coffeecake, I shape them a little more.  I was in a hurry, though.



Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.  I was a little butter crazy.  Also, I should have known this would not turn into biscuits.



Bake for 8-10 minutes.  It will take longer as a coffeecake :-)


We ate all of this.  Really that isn't too bad, calorie wise.  Still, I think that is a sign that this was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment