Monday, March 16, 2015

Erin's Berry Trail Mix

My dissertation director gave me a giant jar of almonds and an almost two pound bag of dried blueberries.  It made me super happy, but now I have a giant jar of almonds and an almost two pound bag of dried blueberries.

I was super excited, but I didn't quite know what to do with them.  I decided to make trail mix for the road (that didn't last that long).

Erin's Berry Trail Mix
1 cup dry roasted, unsalted almonds
1/3 cup dried blueberries
1/3 cup dried tart cherries
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup white chocolate chips

This is a super simple recipe.  I just tossed everything in a tupperware container and shook it up.  However, I did not pay attention to what size of container I used.  Don't make my mistake.  You need room to shake it up.

Almonds in the bottom of a container.

All the fruit goes on top.
Then the white chocolate chocolate chips go on top of that.  As you can see, this is full to the very top.  The lid fit, but it had no room to shake the ingredients together.

New, improved, bigger container.

I ate all of this in two days.  I had very little help.  Since it was so good, I made more for friends to take on their road trip.

Obviously there are issues with this (dried fruit and almonds= tons of calories, dried fruit and white chocolate chips=tons of sugar).  However, I think it is better than cookies and candy bars. Probably.  It certainly tastes very good :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment