Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Buffalo Cauliflower

I want buffalo chicken all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  However, I eat meatless at least two days a week.  One of my biggest temptations on my meatless days is buffalo wings. 

Over the last few months, I've been really interested in these cauliflower recipes I see all over.  My roommate and I have tried cauliflower pizza crust.  We make cauliflower rice all the time.  I decided I needed to try buffalo cauliflower on my meatless but wing obsessed days.

Several recipes that I looked at seemed beautiful.  The cauliflower was lightly battered before it was baked and tossed in buffalo sauce.  However, I was much to lazy to do that.  Instead, I used a recipe that simplified things.  Gal on a mission really did that with her Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.  I did some modifications to my recipe though.


Buffalo Cauliflower

1/3 head cauliflower
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Hot Shot pepper blend
2 tablespoons wing sauce

First, cut about 1/3 of a cauliflower, wash it, and leave it in a strainer to drain.

Next,  line a pan with foil and spray it liberally with cooking spray.

Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the pan and sprinkle the seasons (minus the wing sauce) on top.  This is completely to taste. Adjust as you will.

Bake the cauliflower at approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit until the florets begin to brown.  I used my toaster oven, since this is really a single serving/small batch.

Remove the cauliflower from the pan, and lightly toss in the buffalo sauce.

Return to the pan and bake for another 5-7 minutes.



I ate these with Kraft Buffalo Cheddar mac and cheese.  I wanted all the buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment