Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Alfredo

Sometimes, I am really lazy.  I want good food, but I don't have the energy to make anything complicated and I don't have the energy to go out to get something.  What do I do?  I make something simple.

Lately, I have been seeing/craving a lot of spinach and artichoke stuff.  Dip.  Pizza.  Sandwiches.  Appetizers.

Pasta.

In light of the incredible desire to have some some spinach artichoke pasta, I made this.  And it was so good.

Spinach Artichoke Alfredo

1 cup cooked pasta
1/4 cup frozen spinach
1/4 + 2 tbls light alfredo sauce
2 grilled artichoke heart halves
2 tbls  shredded pizza cheese
fresh ground pepper

Cook your pasta to your desired doneness.  I let it stop a little before I normally would so that it could cook a bit in the sauce without it getting mushy.  Mushy pasta is gross.



Add the frozen spinach to the strainer and drain the pasta over the top of it.



Put the pasta and spinach back in pan (See?  Easy.  One pot.).  A little water will be helpful there, so if it isn't completely drained, that is not a problem.






Add the light alfredo sauce and mix it together.  Top with chopped artichoke hearts.  I was too lazy to do that, so I tore them a bit.



Add cheese and fresh ground pepper.



Serve and enjoy!






I used some lovely heart shaped pasta left over from Valentine's Day.  I love World Market.  I also used Classico Light Alfredo sauce.  Classico is my go to sauce.  Of course, you could make your own, but that would defeat the purpose of the easy prep!  However, truthfully, alfredo isn't that complicated.  I was just too lazy.  And I had the Classico in the cupboard.  Why not?

Forgive me.  It has been a long week/month/semester.

1 comment:

  1. This is how long the week has been. I thought that today was Friday. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete