Monday, May 11, 2015

Lemon Bundt Cake

Spring is the season of fruit for me.  Even though fruit has different seasons, I want all the fruit in the spring.  All the fruit.

We have an end of the year writing center party around finals week every year.  I bring a dessert, because that is sort of my thing. Someone else was bringing chocolate, so I decided to bring lemon cupcakes.  What is that you say?  This is not a recipe for cupcakes?  You are correct.  I changed my mind.  I think part of it was a desire to have orange chiffon cake which was my grandmother's favorite cake, but being too lazy to make that complicated a cake---and not having the correct pan.  The next best thing?  Bundt cake.  Always a winner.

I couldn't find a recipe that I really liked, partially because I was bound and determined to use lemon greek yogurt in it after I bought three cups of it accidentally (don't ask how).  I decided to use a modified version of this Luscious Lemon Sour Cream Cake recipe.


Lemon Bundt Cake

1 package white cake mix with pudding
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 containers of lemon greek yogurt (I used yoplait 100 calorie lemon)
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon lemon extract

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Spray a bundt pan (I used 12 cup, but a 10 cup would be better) with baking spray.

2.)  Combine wet ingredients.

3.)  Add cake mix.

4.) Spoon into prepared bundt pan.

5.) Bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.

6.)  Cool for 15 minutes before removing the cake from the pan.




I glazed the finished bundt with a lemon glaze.  All I did was mix lemon juice into half a cup of powdered sugar until it was the right consistency. 


My ultimate plan was to serve this with strawberries and homemade whipped.  I did serve it with strawberries, but I went to the store three times to buy whipping cream and came home each time with lemon yogurt.  No whipped cream.  It was a lovely cake, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment